The Homeward Bound Halton program helps to lift single moms and their families out of poverty. The program’s Industry Council helps to oversee the program by advising participants on job placement and career possibilities. They also mentor participants during their studies, and provide assistance in securing meaningful employment upon graduation.
We are grateful to all the community partners and the many friends who have worked closely with us over the years to bring this marvelous program to Halton.
Industry Council Members
We would also like to thank the following Industry Council Members who provide ongoing support and advice to the program.
- Michael Shaen, Director, Consultant at Food for Life and at Kerr Street
- Sharon Wingfelder, Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Affairs, First Canadian Title, CO-CHAIR
- Greg Belanger, Vice-President Commercial Banking, RBC
- Julie Branscombe, Director Communications & Sponsorships, *TD Bank Group
- June Cockwell, Co-Chair, Halton Poverty Round Table
- Vik Sachdev, Tax Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Board Member *Oakville Community Foundation
- John Versluis, Community Partnerships Advisor, *Region of Halton
- Dr. Has Malik, Associate VP, Academic Pathways and Planning, Sheridan College
- Jodie Guilmette, Director Employment & Social Services, Social & Community Services, *Region of Halton
- Karen Mason, Coordinator/Employment Advisor, The Centre for Skills Development and Training
- Anita Booth, Director of Marketing & Community Relations, *Genworth Canada
* Homeward Bound Halton Financial Donor