The Homeward Bound Halton program helps to lift single moms and their families out of poverty. The program’s Industry Council helps to oversee the program by advising participants on job placement and career possibilities. They also mentor participants during their studies, and provide assistance in securing meaningful employment upon graduation.
We are grateful to all the community partners and the many friends who have worked closely with us over the years to bring this marvelous program to Halton.
Industry Council Members
We would also like to thank the following Industry Council Members who provide ongoing support and advice to the program.
- Michael Shaen, Director, Consultant at Food for Life and at Kerr Street
- Sharon Wingfelder, Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Affairs, First Canadian Title, CO-CHAIR
- Greg Belanger, Vice-President Commercial Banking, RBC
- June Cockwell, Co-Chair, Halton Poverty Round Table
- Vik Sachdev, Tax Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Board Member *Oakville Community Foundation
- Jodie Guilmette, Director Employment & Social Services, Social & Community Services, *Region of Halton
- Karen Mason, Settlement Services, Employment Services, Literacy and Basic Skills, and Program Integration, The Centre for Skills Development and Training
- Anita Booth, Director of Marketing & Community Relations, *Genworth Canada
- Jarvis Sheridan, Managing Partner, O’Connor MacLeod Hanna LLP
- Carolyn McDougall, Community Partnerships Analyst – Quality & Service Integration Social & Community Services, *Halton Region
- Vanessa Barr, and Mark Barr, President, Cathmark Investments at Roundtable Capital Partners, Inc.
* Homeward Bound Halton Financial Donor